Sory all, but the intenret cafe i’m in has some serious issues, so this is going to be a quick and dirty bullet post; sans photos.
- sidewalks are treqcherous in Benin, including gaping three foot deep holes into the sewage system which is just stqgnant water
- due to a linguistic mistake, we have no ac. This is why it’s important to know the local language!
- All the Benois students we’ve met have been enthusiastic and so friendly!
- We bathe often but not thoroughly, and it makes little difference in the fqce of such heat
- we have bug nets, zhich thankfully protect us fro, the bats as well
- it is most definiely the rainy season n Benin
- some of the letters and all of the sy,bols are ,oved aroung on the French keyboard which they use in Benin. Desolée!
- there qre very few streetlights and no trqffic lights
- there qe no taxis; everyone rides motorbikes without helmets
I hope to find a better internet cafe soon, or perhaps somewhere with wifi!