You can miss a lot in three months. While I am pumped to go, here are a few things I’ll miss while I’m gone.
- Pat’s post-season and the Super Bowl. I watch the Super Bowl every year
- St. Patrick’s Day. St. Patty’s is a big deal in my family, what with us being absurdly Irish and it being Kev’s birthday and all that. I’ve also never been 21 for it before, and because of Southeast and UNA last year I pretty much missed it entirely.
- Valentine’s Day. For me, and any self-respecting UNA kid, V-Day means Harvard and all that that entails.
- Chicken Lou’s TKO. So delicious.
- Husky Hockey. The regular season, the Beanpot, etc. I haven’t missed many games in my tenure at NU; it usually only happens when I’m out of state.
- Harry Potter exhibit at the MOS. I was hoping to get in there before I leave, but that didn’t happen. I’m hoping they extend it beyond February. Even if they do though, it probably won’t still be there in April.
- Milk. It’s only rationed for babies in Cuba, so I won’t get any for three months. How weird is that? And I’m a huge milk drinker so this may be an issue.
- Dates with Meredith in Davis. It’s a great little neighborhood with some of the best shopping. Keep an eye out on Poor Little Rich Girl for me, k?
- Alex, my partner in crime. This will be the first significant amount of time that we’ll spend apart in over a year. We survived the long hours of UNA, the Egypt trip, a broken ankle, a broken heart and a lot of fun.
- The New England winter. I know, easy for me to say.
If you were gone for the next three months, what would you miss? Anything you totally wouldn’t miss?