I tend not to plan my trips very far into the future. I know I’ll be in Florida this October for TBEX, and Irvine, California next March for WITS (the Women in Travel Summit.)
While I’m never one for a bucket list, there are some places I want to go sooner rather than later. I’m also looking forward to spending some time travelling domestically, since most of my travels around the United States have been concentrated on the East Coast. If you have any recommendations or sponsored opportunities in these areas (or somewhere nearby–I don’t mind extending my travels for something great!) drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- San Francisco
- New Orleans
- Northern India, to visit some of my favorite Indians and see all the amazing places they talked up!
- Middle East/North Africa (Especially Palestine, Jordan, and Francophone countries)
- Costa Rica, for the outdoor adventures
- Indonesia–after hearing about it so much on the Kerala Blog Express and seeing so many gorgeous pictures, it has to be on my list!
- Brazil–how have I never been to South America?!
- Afghanistan (I’ve hear it’s beautiful)
- North Korea (how amazing would that be?!)
If you have any suggestions about where to go next, or questions about where I’ve been, let me know!
Where I’ve Been:
- Jordan for a week, in Petra and Amman
- Qatar for a week and a half, mostly in Doha, but also out in the dunes near the Saudi border
- India for two and half weeks, all within Kerala, from the backwaters to the Western Ghats, including Trivandrum, Kovalam, Alleppey, Munnar, Kochi, Wayanad, Varkala, and Kumarakom.
- Ireland for two weeks, including Dublin, Belfast, Dingle, the Skelligs, the Burren, Galway, Giant’s Causeway and Connor Pass.
- Greece for 3 months, in Vergina, Halkidiki, Delphi and Mt. Olympus, but mostly Thessaloniki
- Istanbul for a long weekend
- Berlin for a long weekend
- Dominican Republic for five weeks, in Mata los Indios/Cruz Verde for a week or so, a few days each in San Pedro and La Romana, but mostly Santo Domingo.
- Benin for 3 weeks, including Cotonou, Ouidah and Abomey, but mostly Porto-Novo.
- Cuba for 5 months, including Matanzas, Varadero, Pinardel Rio x2, Viñales x2, Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos, Trinidad x2, but mostly Havana.
- Egypt for 6 weeks, including Luxor, Alexandria, Siwa Oasis, Marsa Matruh and mainly Cairo, and a loooong weekend in 2011 in Cairo.
- France for 3 weeks, including Mont St. Michel, Etretat, and Caen but mostly Rouen and the heart of Paris
- Canada several times, including Toronto and Quebec City, but mostly Montreal
- Northeast: New England plus New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- The South: Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Mid-Atlantic/MidWest: Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio
- Out West: Utah, Arizona, Colorado
- The US Virgin Islands for a week, on St John’s a bit but mostly in Red Hook on St. Thomas